REMOP Property Tax System
Property Tax Management, Automated Rate Demands and Mass-valuation
The RD Property Tax System manages property survey data and automates mass valuation of properties for progressive taxation and revenue mobilization by local governments. The system produces the demand notice for all properties and records payments and arrears for each property. The system also manages business licenses.
The RD Property tax system is currently on version 3.1 and has been deployed in 7 local councils in Sierra Leone and 1 local council in Malawi.
RD_PropTax Features and Specs Brochure
Automated Valuation and Rate Demand Notices
The system generates demand notices based on the configured valuation methodology and data collected during the property survey.
See the sample rate demand notice to the left, showing the features that are used to calculate the rate.
- Fully customizable property valuations and assessments
Issue ‘Rate Demand Notices’ (tax bills) to constituents
- Collect payments
- Easy search and sorting of data
- Scan and upload documents
- GPS integration
- Issue penalties, calculate arrears, and handle appeals
- Rollover data from year to year
- Varying levels of user permissions
- Full audit history
- HTML5/JSON/AJAX using Groovy and Grails
- PostgreSQL database
- Spring/Hibernate security layer
- Apache Tomcat Web Server
Install the Remop App
Available on Google Play for all Android devices.
REMOP Field App for Android
Remop now has an app available on Google Play for Android devices. It allows users of REMOP to login with their user account and update the property registry with property location, attributes and owner details.
We will keep adding more features to the app, aiming to make it a powerful tool to manage the property registry.
Note: You need a Remop deployed system and user account to use this app
- Log into your Remop system
- Zoom to your location, see all properties registered
- Register new property or street
- Draw polygon of the property roof extent based on satellite images, edit with dragging coordinates
- Register attributes of a property, based on the configuration in the Remop system
- Register owners and tenants
- Manage the list and naming of streets
Common Questions v4
How much does the system cost?
The RD Property Tax System is provided without license fees or any recurrent software license costs by RDF as a non-profit organization, provided that the client institutions adhere to the RDF Condtions of Usage. The project cost of the system is determined by how much time RDF staff spends with the client to implement the system.
How is the implementation funded?
The projects implementing the system are usually funded by development partners in-country as a two-year capacity development project. RDF is also starting piloting Service Agreements with revenue sharing of the council revenue increase year-on-year, as a way to fund our support.